Sunday, May 4, 2008

We Thought We Were Alone Part 2

We walked to the park and played there for about an hour then we went home before it got to dark. Once we got home we went down stairs and watched a movie until they had to go to be (this is where it gets interesting.)During the movie MAILEE and I kept on hearing noises coming from upstairs. We didn't really think much of it until it kept on happening and it was getting more distinct. Every time we would hear a noise we would get more and more scared. It was like watching a scary movie where you see a girl that is walking in a room where you know the scary monster is in there and you are just waiting for her to notice. MAILEE was getting even more scared so I just told her that it was probably the dogs just messing around up stairs. We kept on hearing the floor above us creak, like someone was trying not to be noticed by tiptoeing, but each crack was as loud as ever. So, I was getting tired of being scared so I checked outside the basement door (I was too scared to go upstairs) to see if the dogs were out there or if they were in the house. I carefully opened the door and called for the dogs. I saw them just playing outside. That is what made me really nervous. I quickly closed and locked the door. I told MAILEE what I saw and that is when we both started freaking out.

The clock struck 8:30 it was time for the kids to go to bed. We didn't want the kids to be scared so we bravely went up stairs (with screwdrivers in hand) and got them ready I didn't really notice anything different up stairs so we tucked them it and were heading down stairs. Then suddenly MAILEE remembered that JAKE asked us to put his computer away so we went in the kitchen to grab the laptop. When we got in there we realized that the laptop wasn't there. It was missing!! We quickly ran down stairs. That to us clarified to us that somebody was in the house. Now the question was that was he still in the house or was he gone? I grabbed my cell phone and hurried and called my mom. I told her what was going on. She said that she couldn't come over because she was in Salt Lake. She said to call my grandpa and ask him to come over and that she would call my dad the tell him.

About five to ten minutes went by before my family came over. Once they came the searched the house and help us find ways to lock the doors that didn't have a lock on them. We found the laptop in my uncle’s room. Then we went and checked on the kids one of the kids was crying hysterical! We just couldn't calm him down so my dad took him back with him. They told us that we would be OK and went back down stairs and restarted the movie to help calm us down.

Now, for part three you will just have to wait for next week’s blog. It just gets better and better as the night grows on.

No comments: