Sunday, May 25, 2008

End of School!

So, school is ending and summer is starting. I am totally excited. I have had a lot of fun doing Honors English. I also have learned a lot. Even though I am not the best at writing, I still feel that I have improved since the beginning of the year. I well keep in touch of all of my fellow classmates. I would be more excited for school to end if I knew which high school I was going to.

So, here is my situation. I am in the boundaries of Layton, but my mom got me a variance to go to Davis High School. So, I don't know which one I want to do. My closest friends are going to Layton High, but yet Davis in my mind is better. So, I don't really know which one I am going to. I hope to see all of my fellow Honors English classmates at either one of those schools. Here are some poems about school that I found off the Internet.


Great Expectations

It's time to say good-bye
Our year has come to an end.
I've made more cherished memories
and many more new friends.

I've watched your child learn and grow
and change from day to day.
I hope that all the things we've done
Have helped in some small way.

So it's with happy memories
I send them out the door,
With great hop and expectations
for what next year holds in store.

~unknown

Here is also another poem about the last day of school.

Hello, Summer! -- (A Last Day of School Poem)
by
Gregory K.


Goodbye classroom!
Goodbye Teach!
You can find me at the beach...
Or in the park or at the pool
Or any place that isn’t school.

Goodbye quizzes!
Bye, reports!
Hello days packed full of sports
And days when I’m just lazybones
While eating melty ice cream cones.

Goodbye homework --
Lunchroom, too.
There’s so, so much I wanna do.
I know the school year flew on past…
But please, please summer -- last and last.

So, I really like those poems. I understand that this is my second last blog that I will be writing for Honors English. I just wanted to say goodbye to all of my readers and thanks for all the great comments that you have given me on my blogs. I hope you have a great summer and keep in touch.

No comments: