Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Heritage Museum!

On April 29, 2008 I went to the Heritage Museum. In case you don’t know what that is I will tell you. It is a museum about the heritage of the city of Layton. In that museum there are a lot of cool artifacts and interesting facts.

Some of the cool artifacts were, the doll collection from Dona Petro, an old Pot Bellied Stove a really old calculator, stuff from old beauty salons, pictures of old trains, a steamer trunk, a native American baby cradle, an bath tub, old sewing machine from 1876, mantle clock, an old radio set, and my favorite a human hair floral pattern!! It kind of creped me out a little, but it sure got my attention.

Well, some of the interesting facts that came along with these amazing artifacts were that the baby cradle was over 100 years old, the pot bellied stove was used in Victorian houses, they used the stemmer trunk to hold their closes in them when on trips, the mantle clock was over 100 years old, the old bath tub was made of copper from 1875 and was used for many years. Also more facts were that the radio crystal set was from 1920 and was made for a two man set.

When I came home from the museum I realized that I had learned a lot of amazing facts about Layton city. There are lots more to learn of things that I haven’t even mentioned. You should totally check it out yourself.

No comments: