Sunday, June 1, 2008

A stove so cool, it's a fridge!

Have you ever heard of a stove that is also a fridge? I have because in the Popular Science October 2007 magazine it tells about this new invention. Paul Riley (the project director) hopes to have the invention built in two years. He would sell it for 30 to 40 dollars. He says that it I just a research project now and that he hopes to be producing a million Stove for Cooking, Refrigeration and Electricity (SCORE) in a year.

This is how it works. The fire heats the pressured air in one tube. The circulating water keeps the air cold in the other side of the tube. The sound made from the collisions drives a wire coil in and out on a magnet cylinder to create electricity. The water running over the coldest part of the tube makes it freeze so it can be used to keep food cold.

I think that SCORE is a great invention. I hope that Paul Riley carries on his invention and makes it known to the world. I would defiantly buy the product if it was available. It is a very useful item to have around. I would love to see one in real life.

The SCORE is a great invention because it is very efficient. It is efficient by producing a way to generate electricity. It is very useful to have around because it has three devices in one. It freezes, cooks, and refrigerates. It is also pretty cheap; it’s only 30 to 40 dollars. I hope that Paul Riley makes the device know to the world because I know people will really buy it.

So that is why I would buy the SCORE because it is efficient, it’s cheap and I know that I would use it. The SCORE is an amazing product that is a refrigerator, a freezer and is a stove at the same time. So the next time that you want to cook something that you have gotten out of your refrigerator or freezer, think of the SCORE.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thats way cool!! I never heard about it either.