Saturday, April 19, 2008

Hill Aerospace Museum

I went to the Hill Aerospace Museum on April 18, 2008. That museum was full of neat airplanes. They had over 70 airplanes (well, some were helicopters too.) I learned many interesting facts on each airplane while I was there.

Some of the things that I learned were that the first airplanes were started from 1903 to 1913. They used airplanes in World War 1 in 1914 to 1918. They had a model of the airplane that the Wright Brothers had. They also had many artifacts that people had used to build the airplanes.

Some other facts that I learned was that the Military had mascots. Some of the mascots that they had used were animals such as dogs and monkeys.

To me the most interesting things at the museum were an airplane called the SR-7. It is the fastest airplane in the world. On September 1, 1974 it traveled from New York to London, England in 1 hour and 55 minutes. My next favorite thing was information about the first girl pilots. 25,000 people applied and only 1,830 got accepted. 1,074 girls won their wings. Those women made us now days to be able to have girl pilots now.

So, in the end I thought the Hill Aerospace museum was very interesting. It had a lot of amazing facts and cool displays about aircrafts.

No comments: