Saturday, September 15, 2007

First Day!

It was the day before school started. I was so excited. I didn't know how I was going to sleep that night. I got everything ready for school, my backpack, binders, pencils and paper. I picked out a cute outfit and set my alarm. Then I forced myself to sleep. You know the feeling when it is pitch black outside and someone jumps out and scares you. That is exactly how I felt when my alarm woke me up at 6:45 in the morning. I couldn't believe that they made school start at 8:05. Once I got ready I ate breakfast then went off to school. I had gotten my schedule last week, so I knew where to go and how to open my locker. I was a little nervous about what lunch I had. It all depended on my 5th period class.

My first class was Peer Support. It seemed to be a fun class. I was glad that she wasn't giving us a disclosure on the first day. She just told about the class and what our responsibilities were. My second period class was Science. Science on the other hand we did get a disclosure. Just like all the rest of my 5 classes, except Seminary. Finally it was 5th period. I listened intensely as they read off the teachers names that had 1st lunch. I didn't hear my name so that meant I had second. As soon as class was over I ran to my friends and asked what lunch they had. They all had second except for one of my friends. I felt bad for her, but yet was also excited to be with the majority of my friends. I hurried to the lunch room to get in line. Second lunch in my opinion is not as good as first. There is hardly and good food left. It is all picked over from first lunch, so all that is left if mushy apples, bruised bananas, or even worse no pizza. Pizza in my opinion is pretty good compared to all the other stuff they serve in school. So if it is not there I get pretty mad. Luckily they had enough that day.

After lunch I went to all of my classes and got all the disclosures. Finally it was five minutes before we got to go home. It was like waiting to open presents on Christmas morning. DING DING DING schools out! I rushed to my locker put all of my stuff in my backpack and headed off towards home. I told my mom everything that I did that day. The first day wasn't as fun as I hoped to be, but it was still fun to see all of my friends. I thought that it was pretty cool that I got to choose were to sit in most of my classes. I guess the teachers trust us more to be capable to sit were we want. I am taking a lot of great classes this year and I am excited to be in 9th grade.

No comments: